Saturday, July 28, 2007

Shabbat Shalom!

Hey!

What a service. What a past few days.

From falling out of chairs (sort of...) to being awake for so long to being dead tired to still being able to do Israelie dancing, the least I can say it's been some of the greatest and most dredful 48-72ish hours I've been living. And all I can say, is that I wouldn't have it any other way.

The Library is a funny place right now with the David Debates. I shall call them the David Debates. :] D.Singer vs. David Wilenksy...WHOSE GOING DOWN!?

Let's go back to Thursday.

So, we had the ultimate sex program. I have to say it was almost as good as last summer's first session sex program. I loved it though. It was in your face right to the point amazingness of a sex program. They hand picked our groups. I was in 4G. We went inside the Art building in groups but while we were waiting loud sexual music was playing outside. And by loud sexual music I mean music that has lots of sexual refrences. We were all dancing. I mean sex songs usally are great songs. Anyways. We went inside to the first area. You see two boys (I'm not going to name names) behind a curtain. First you see homosexual sex. Then you walk through and see different things on the wall. Lots of sexual things and quotes. Even the NFTY points system (which was totally wrong..not the point). You go to the next area. You see a lot of different sexual situations, sex, heterosexual sex, and everything you can think of. Even a girl talking about how she gave ######## for the first time. Basiclly in your face crazyness. Then we went to the beit am to discuss. We went in our groups and did simulations. It was really intense role playing and such. I loved it. We talked about the issues in NFTY and other things in general. It was really well written. They did such a great job.

The funny part is that was just the beginning of a crazy night.

Okay Andrew just for you I'm going to type up a bunch of the notes I took during the longest studying session I've ever been part of.

Studying of the Talmudic Text Berachot:
Saying the S'hma
-from when @ night
-until when can we?

Opinons:
1. 1st watch->R.Elizer
2.Midnight->Sages
-Suppose to say it then but you've got some leasure time to make sure you do it
3. Dawn->R.Gamaliel

Then there was the big argument between Hillel and someone else (cant remember who) about waht postion you should say it in. Can you say the S'hma on the move? The first line no, the rest yes because of the camels. Or something of that idea.

Deuteronomy Chapter 7:
-Were the chosen ones
-We kill them...
-People moving

Does it make it right that we kill these people even just because we are the chosen ones?

That's all the stuff I'm willing to type up right now. Enjoy Andrew.

Back to blogging.

So I was really tired because I didn't take a long enough nap. I kept on falling asleep while we were studing Talmudic texts and I started to get cold. So I was putting on my pants and then all the sudden I was on the floor and my chair was flipped back. I was really confused but everyone was laughing at me and D.Singer told me to go to sleep. I didn't want to but he made me. I didnt really sleep for that long. But when I woke up I couldnt remember anything. Then at around 4am we had nap time. AKA watching the Tribe also. Then Elaina (a girl in my cabin whose regbo and EIE alum), Josh (boy from FL Kutz alum) and I spooned. And then Zach Newburgh (NFTY President) came in to teach us. We learned a lot. I learned a lot. That day I was so tired.

I know that I can't function at all without any sleep. I give props to kids who can.

I slept mostly all day.

Shabbat services were nice. Elaina and I always sit next to eachother. We are prayin buddies. It just works. :]

today!


NOAM KATZ IS HERE! Which is obviously is super exciting to me. He led services this morning.

They were fantastic!! I know you would of loved them. And by you I'm referring to my parents. :] They were a lot like Shabbat Rocks at home. We even got instruments and I got an egg shaker. Then during this part where we were all doing percussion I started breaking out into one of those songs we learned this summer and I was just singing it to myself. Then my neighboors started getting into it. Then I realized everyone was singing it and we all were singing that song. It was one of those Holy moments of amazingness to me. It was so good.

Okay I'm about to rant now, so get ready.

I hate people who are close minded especially about services. Okay so you're here at Kutz. You know we are going to try all kinds of things. That doesnt mean you should get up and leave in the middle of a service because youre not a fan. Honestly. Youre not the best. It just bothers me SO much that people do that. These people work hard to make services and put them together. Just because you think youre some elitest doesnt mean it gives you the right to leave services.

And now everything is compared to Mark Bloom.


What has our movement come to!?

I'm done. I love Shabbat. I love services. I love KUTZ.


please. dont make me leave. <3

1 comment:

David said...

We studied Mishna Brachot 1:1, 2.
Hillel fights with Shammai over the way we should say Shema.
Keep up the thinking.
What's wrong with being unhappy with a way of prayer?