Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Day 9ish/10ish

Alriiighty. Another lovely day at the FROZEN URJ Kutz Camp. What is this!? I don't understand why I've been wearing sweat pants and jeans so much. It feels like winter. Oh well, I've kvetched enough now.

Okay so programming and all that bussiness...

Yesterday.

Electives. I was in my essay elective and the woman (i forgot her name) told me she liked my essay but it needs more. I don't like it anymore and I think I want to write something totally different. I feel like it's not going to turn into anything. So today I'm going to tell her that. We shall see how she feels....

Wait a second. That was the other day.

YESTERDAY was Yom Yisrael. We had different electives.

Actually I missed the first one and ended up jammin with myself in the music room. It was good.

Then I went to Jewish Femminism with Anat Hoffman. If I say anything...I know I'll be unhappy with myself..Let's just say I did not come out of that elective with a smile on my face.

Then we made chocolate balls. They were good. Lots of free time was fun. I talked to Adam a little bit and he had this ridiculous looking black paper for eyebrows and a mustachse (sp?) on his face...he's a silly kid

Then we had dinner and the israel themed song session which was cute. I hung out with DRC afterward.

Then the ever so conterversal (sp?) israel program. A lot of people hated it. Some liked it. I really am not sure how I feel about it since I have not been to Israel and am unsure about how I feel about Zionism and such. But I think I liked it. It was interesting. It was intense. It was heavy and sad. We herd new clips of people screaming and crying and being scared. It showed how Israel is not all rainbows and happyness. Not that we all thought that but we still got things out of it. I got a sense of pride too. I'm excited for EIE.

Went back to the cabin. Annnnd here comes today! (so far)

This morning I was way too tired to go to services. I slept. And I'm happy that I did because I would of fallen asleep in J.Studs today. LAUNDRY IS BACK! I have to still pick mine up. Then I went to breakfast. Then J.Studs.

Ohhh J.Studs. Today was I think one of my favorite sessions so far. D.Singer had us take all of these papers like always. And our class couldn't figure out who started reform Judiasm. I feel stupid. That's alright though. Because even Seth GL didnt know. Now we all have to go run a mile? Just as D.Singer said...that would be really funny.

We talked about talmud and studied it. We studied the part about Moses and how he got to write the commandments and got the Torah handed down to him from Hashem. Sarah was my study partner, but we actually didn't understand it all in the way that was correct. Then DRC came and joined our group because he was late from work study. Then he started to beat box as I rapped about what we were studying. It was really funny and stupid. Then we got back together as a class and figured out questions that D.Singer wanted us to anwser. At first I thought one thing about Torah and why we study it. Then Benny gave me all these new ideas about studying Torah and it was like another light bulb went off in my head. I eventually formulated all my ideas together but did it aloud so most of my class mates were really confused but I understood it and thats what matters. :] It was a good day.

Then we had a program about global issues. It was pretty interesting. I was part of America. I would kick out the spies. It was fun. But I really liked the program. I felt it was well put together. It was really relastic too because it talked about what the countries needed and what we already have. We had to trade with other countries and such. Then I talked to Eric about Judiasm becuase I was bored and he's such an interesting person.

Now I have to go my first elective. I love Kutz.

:]

PS

I'm always writing music with these really nice girl named Elena from Arizona. She has such a good voice. we are writing man hating music and recording it in the stuido. I'm excited. :]

No comments: