Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Last full day of 1st ACA....

It's a sad day at Kutz today. The last full day with some of the greatest people I've ever met. But as I type this, people are dancing israelie dances in front of me, so being sentimental is a bit hard, but I can do it. :] Hah.

Last night was the TYG Leadership program. SO GOOD. We went around to different parts of camp and talked about the five senses. And we wrote down all the stuff we felt. It was really well done. And the groups were done by however you wanted..which means I had an amazing group. (aka my friends) The first station we listened. We talked about the sounds of Kutz. A lot of people talked about the playing of guitars and song sesssions, others talked about the screams and laughter all that kinds of stuff. Then we went to what we see. And watched a slide show of what camp looks like and the cabins and stuff. I wrote down all the stuff that reminds me of kutz and such. Then we went to things that we smell. And talked about all the different smells like grilled cheese and that gross smell of the kitchen. Then we went to touch and felt grass and bowls and random things like that. We went to taste and had ice cream. We ended the night with a big bond fire and people playing guitar and stuff. It made a lot of people cry. I didn't cry becuase its too early for me to cry about leaving..even though I did came close. I just made people who were crying cry harder because I told them how much they mean to me. I thought it would be good. :] But it was really depressing.

Today in J.Studs we kind of wrapped up about things. We talked about different things. First we talked about what we have learned and how we've progressed. I didn't really have all that much to say today. And I had no big realizations which is always upsetting. But I still have second session for things like that. :] Then we asked D.Singer every question that we've wanted to ask him and things like that. I didn't really have that many questions. But it was interesting to hear what he had to say about movements of Judiasm. And how the whole idea of being part of a movement is so...I can't even explain. But I know what he's saying and I'm not sure if I agree with it. Why should I feel wrong not to agree with him? It's odd actually. But I don't think I do. I just need to learn more. Learn, learn, learn. I love it. I love learning so much here. Its the fact that I learn more here than I do sitting in a classroom for an hour and half listening to lectures from Mr. Randall about American History. Of course you always have those few good teachers that make you feel something behind the learning. That's why I love kutz. Theres meaning to everything. Even when you think there is none, you can always find the meaning behind it. But hey, it's life. Then we went to Pagoda Issac where we had the first day of class. Did a prayer, and ate lots and lots of icing with gram crackers. It was so much fun. D.Singer got some in his face by Josh Morris (he's on NFTY Board as RCVP and helps out in our class sometimes) it was crazy fun. I'm going to miss my class so much.

This session has been very roller coaster-y and crazy. But whenever I was down, J.Studs the class would always be good. I would always have to smile and think. It was the one thing that was never wrong or made me angry. I mean it did, but in good ways. It made me think so much. I think I've finally used a part of my brian that's been a little dead for too long. It's incredible what one class can make you do. That's going to be the hardest thing next session is to not have that amazing class there. Although I will still be having the D.Singer class of Torah to the Max it won't be the same people which makes it all so real. It will be another adventure.

Tonight is banquet. It's going to be sad. I'm going to cry.

Here's to the nights we felt alive. :]

I'm going to take pictures.
I'm going to shed tears.
But in the end, it was all worth it.

Goodbye first ACA, thank you so much for everything you've given me.

Shalom.

No comments: