Tuesday, July 10, 2007

3 hours of sleep at camp shouldn't seem enough..

So everything went down last night. And by last night I mean this morning at 4am. That's some foreshadowing heres whats been going on in the past few and by few days I mean yesterday...

Yesterday

Evening program. Oh, I was late to that. Becuase DRC and I were having intense conversations. Last night during song session we had to plan for the "big" prank of today. Big...well at least thats what we thought. Anyways, people were trying to find out but its fine.

Anyways.

The program was about the ethics and ideals of being a good leader. About what building blocks and roles it takes to create a good leader. I used words like erudite and equnimmity (sp?) and my friend Jeremy (RCVP of NFTY-NW intellegent kid who is a republican) laughed at me. He told me he got 5's on all of his AP tests..which means he's amazing at those things. He told me he considers himself stupid for taking AB Calculus his senior year...we know how I feel about that...and math...gross. Anyways.

My first rotation was about being a leader in a situation when you had this service you wanted to do with your temple but your Rabbi said you can't because it's too different. I mean we talked about what each of us would do..blah blah blah..like it wasn't all that great. I guess programming after a year of Kutz seems to get repitive and not so good. Oh well.

Then I talked to my boys (aka Benny, Jeremy, DRC) and we had a plan. Maxie and I were going to wake up at 4am to prepare for everyone's 5am wake up.

This is what went down.

First I woke up at 3:50 and I saw the time. I decided eh I'll rest in bed for 10 more mins before I really have to get up. Then all the sudden I hear this thumping. I'm wondering WTF is going on? So I went outside to see benny with his adorable little smile. He says it's already 4:30 you need to get maxie. So I got her and we started to plan out everything.

Maxie wanted me to do the foxes. So I grabbed the bikini's and walked over down the hill and near the lake. As Benny and I were walking, we saw the most amazing gorgeous shooting star in the sky. It had a greenish tint to it. It was incredible. But we had bussiness to take care of. We had nine foxes to suit up. So benny and I worked together putting tops and bottoms on all the foxes. We were done.

Then we went back up to help chalk up all the roads. We wrote Seniors all over everything. Seniors '08 dominate don't hate so great, things like that. It looks amazing. Plus it was written all near the pagodas and camp shalom helped us out too. It was going exactly the way we planned it.

We then woke up everyone and everyone brought out mattresses and pillows guitars bongos all kinds of things. We all sang songs had fun ate food and just were exhausted. Some people were confused, but it was fun.

Some people decided that it would be fun to go and wake up the bayit cabins. Yeah, not so much. Benny ran through Bayits 5+6 and woke them all up. They all hate him. DRC, Mar, and I all sang and ran around waking up the other cabins. Yeah, not such a good idea. We got crap for that later today. (this was all at round 5am this morning).

Then we all just hung out and had fun. All the seniors stayed some went back to sleep others didn't. It was nice though. It's something that I feel like all of us are going to remember even though it was k ind of lame having a ton of mattresses and guitars up on the tennis courts for no reason, it was still cute. And theres a lot of funny pictures to follow it.

Then we had to face the day. I went to optional shacharit again. It was weird, I felt so alive. I was never so awake before for services. I really belted it out. But I couldn't daven during the Amidah because if I did, I would of fallen over. But D.Singer got a kick out of our prank. For some really odd reason, I was happy about that. Maybe his approval means something since he was an alumni of this camp. He told me some of his pranks which may be put into use for next session...but I'm not sure because...well I'll get to that later.

Then we had a morning program. AKA a speaker. he was good. I was sleeping for most of it though.

J.Studs was good today. We talked about holiness and being holy. Once again I got so excited and made connections even on 3 hours of sleep. I'm surprised I'm still functioning right now. Honestly I feel like I'm going to pass out. I should be taking a nap right now, but I'm not. I'll do that later.

I've discovered that Judiasm is a bunch of circles. Yet, I've always hated geometry.

Then I had a meeting with Mike Fuld. My stomach was in knots because I never get in trouble. Its kind of like if I had to talk to an adminstrator about something I did. I was so nervous. I went in there with Benny by my side but Maxie was late. Thats alright though. Basiclly he wanted us to explain ourselves, he understood why we did this, told us how we signed a brit and yadda yadda. Our punishment is that we have to wait shabbat dinner and lunch. Which is so not so bad. I'm happy with how it all turned out. He said we couldn't do this again. I dont think I'll do a prank next session just because I dont want anything bad to happen. :]

Oh and I talked to D.Singer about Torah to the Max. Theres a lot of Hebrew involved with it which will be so good for EIE. Yay! :]

I'm a dead beat.
I'm hott.
And tired.

Toodles.

No comments: