Sunday, July 8, 2007

Shabbat Shalom is now over...but here are the results

As always, I don't update on Saturdays or Friday nights as normal.


So here is what's been going down for the past few days.


Friday!


On Friday we had majors. We did things. Benny and I can't remember what we did in J.Studs but I'm almost positive that we wrote it down.

We had services. OH Dan Nicholes came!!!! Ahh its so good to see him and GREG cornell!! :] I gave him a hugggge hug. I love that kid a lot. We had Torah study program. i was in the music room with Michelle Lesco and my torah studying partner was Aaron from Washington. We had so much fun because he's one of my favorite kids at camp. I'm going on EIE with his girlfriend who (of course) is named Rachel.


Then we had cleaning up and random things like that. Then we went to lunch. Read the Minhash. Yeah.

Then Shabbat! We had kabalat shabbat and services. Services were really awesome. It's offical, I want to be Cantor Dreskin. Her and Rabbi Dreskin are quite the power couple. Doug Clouter is really awesome too. But Cantor and Dan led services. It was pretty awesome. I sat next to Matti (a girl in my cabin from NY whose on regbo) and we davened together. Then we had shabbat dinner..i sat with some crazy kids. Then we had israelie dancing and song session. I went crazyyy. It was SOOO much fun. I had lots of really good pictures from it. Then I sat on my cabin porch and talked to some boys and Jordie about things.

Saturday! Alumni day!


It was nice to see Ben again. He's a kid that went here last summer during second session. We all thought that Sonia was going to come but she ended up not showing up. Which was really upsetting. But it was good to see Adam Wassal, Ben, Lisa ( my RA from last summer second session) and Jonah. Yesterday was a lot better then last Shabbat. I sat under the tree for a while and hung out with Benny Carolyn and other people that came and go. I played a lot of guitar. OH GOSH. I forgot! Services!


I songlead services for my cabin. It was cute. I didn't feel it went well...but I think most of them enjoyed it. Services were okay. We were really into being a community. It was a community theme.


Back to Shabbat and alumni day. I just hung out all day. It was pretty nice and relaxing.

Then a Dan concert! So good! I really enjoyed myself. I had a lot of fun. It was a really good concert. Althought it was the first time I hadn't seen Dan without Zach, I survied. Me and DRC danced and had fun. Jewbilee (ish) played. It was sooo good. :]

Then went back to the bunk.

I got really sick last night. Something in that darn food killed my tummy. :[ My stomach is okay now, I'm just super hungry. I'm really tired.

Today!

So I woke up this morning and felt gross and yucky. I went back to sleep. Iwas really tempted to sleep through the day...but I love J.Studs so much that I just showed up a few mintues late but D.Singer didn't kill me too much about it.

And Im really glad I went to J.Studs today. We are going to do this servay throughout the camp. I'm pretty pumped about it. We talked about how we view Judiasm and movements and reform movements and stuff. It was pretty fantastic.

Then we had an Israel program. It was nice. I got to hear more about EIE. And I found out about more scholarships...so thats fantastic. :]

I still feel like crap. I'm hungry..but the Kutz Krud is getting worse.

Thats all for now.

shalom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dan Nichols*

Check your spelling ;-)