Thursday, July 5, 2007

Day 11/12

GAHH. Anyways. That's the first experssion of today.



So. Kutz. Its getting wild.



Yesterday.



Electives. First I had jewish essay class. But I felt "sick" and went back to the cabin and slept/made some calls.

Jewish ethics! We had this AMAZING rabbi from b-more (from brina's temple) who is crazy and so much fun. He's so much fun to learn from. We had to do rhymes with our names, I'm Rachel who dances yo! It was really fun. Rabbi Koppel is amazing. I think I'm going to really enjoy that class.

Then we had services. Oh services. OH services. What an uproar of last night. This random cantor jazz man came and led a "jazzy service" what really happend was it felt like a christan rock concert with some hebrew. Kutz came into an uproar of crazy ideas and opinons. People walked out of the service and even started having their own minyans in the bathrooms. I MEAN COME ON!? I was so just...frustrated. That's me these days...filled with frustration. I just donno..things with that service..so much converversey. (sp?) But I mean whatever. Its life. I tried to make the best of the service. Basiclly I just said whatever and got really into it. I know that people laughed at me. But I had fun making fun of the service. I sang and danced. Did I connect to Hashem? Eh not so much, am I going to let to get to me? No. You can't connect to every service you go to and people just need to realize that. Eh whatever.

Then we had MACABBI GAMES! I love the red team. We played Family Feud and had American Idol. Of course I sang. I made up a song on the spot about how great the red team is. Why? Because I'm cool like that. Me Benny DRC Jenny and I all really got into it. It was a nice ending to the night because THE RED TEAM WON! Even though everyone here at kutz was all like..."This is boring we are too old for this..." I was still excited and was jumping around and having the time of my life. Then I just...got frustrated. Whatever. Life is life.

Then went back to the cabin..i also played guitar..and i was distrubing the service that was going on. whatever they can deal.

This morning I woke up thinking that I was going to go to morning services (the optional kind) and then it hit me. today is thursday! my bad. torah reading day.

Went to breakfast. Had COFFEE for the first time in a while. I dont think it did anything.

Then we had service with DOUG COUTLER! He's a fantastic Jewish musican. Ahh it was so good. And not good. If you played guitar he told us to bring it. There were around 30 guitars playing during the service. iT was a mess. But I didnt really care. I played. The service wasn't good. But Doug is a fantastic songleader. I'm a really big fan of his work. It was a lot of fun.

Then J.Studs. We talked about services. Anaylzed them. Talked about different things. I realized more things. I wrote it down. My face lit up. My light blubs keep on going off. I'm really exctied. I love it..

Things are making me frustrated right now. My paitance is low..but saturday is soon..and then i'll know everyhting will be okay.

:]

peace out girl scout

No comments: