Monday, July 2, 2007

Day 8/9ish? I can't keep track

I'm really tired. My body does not want to keep a constant sleep pattern.
I slept until 7:30am today...which is late..but now I'm even more tired.

BLERG. Thats my angry word for today.

Another day of J.Studs..and David Singer has now realized I have a blog and asked for my URL...so if you are reading this..have fun!

Anyways.

Yesterday.

Program. We had a program..I'm trying to remember what it was. G-d program! So much fun!

Hold on I'm getting ahead of myself..services.

Last night was the Hill 5 service since they are the oldest boy's cabin. It was fantastic. They had everyone who wanted to be, blind folded. We got walked to the willows where we were blind folded until the Amidah. It was quite the experince. It was kind of interesting because I'm pretty sure someone had told me that you shouldn't be so auto-pilot prayer or something of that idea that you should have to look at a prayer book to pray. But I mean that's only one idea. I really felt even more connected. I could really focus on myself and my prayers without anyone around me distracting me. I loved it. When we opened our eyes for the shma (or rather un-do the blind folds) it was really interesting to see how different the service became for me. I was sitting next to Carolyn. I adore her. We sing the same harmonies in the service. It was so beautiful. I felt really connected to the community and to the prayers. I loved it.

Then we had the G-d program. It was interesting.

Everyone got a card and that was what group you were in. But what happend was that DRC and I went to put away his guitar and had a really good conversation about things, but we were late for our program so we just went with a random group...and by random group DRC wanted to go with D.Singer so I just tagged along. Our group was a good one though. We talked about the Book of Esther. What's unique about it is that G-d is actually not written in anywhere in the book. There for how can we know that G-d was in it..yadda yadda. that whole stuff. But it made for a really interesting program. We had to show a skit on how we believe about G-d and how Esther did. So DRC suggested the bean skit and we ran with it. Oh we also got props we had to use. So it was actually the JELL-O skit. I was making the jello, steven was the man who ate the jello some kid who i forgot his name who plays guitar well was esther/the doctor. Although we really didn't our point across all that much, I would have to say we were the most entertaining group of them all. I had fun. Then we had a discussion afterwards about G-d and what we believe. I'm one of the "lucky ones" who has a strong belief about G-d. I think what people don't realize is that even though I have such a strong believe in Hashem I still have no idea what I believe about Israel, praying, the torah, and other things of that nature. But I still liked the program a lot.

Today. It's laundry day! Which you know is fantastic for me.

Went to breakfast. Showered. All that jazz.

Then J.Studs. Today we talked about after life and what Mamonidies's ideas are about it. It was really interesting. Extremely chanlleging but I liked it a lot. I cant really explain everything right here and right now because my brian is made of mush, but I'll tell you when I get home.

Today is Yom Yisrael!!

Which means GOOD FOOD which means Falafel (sp?) ! Yeah I'm excited. I love this day. Plus I didn't finish my new essay for my electives..so it's good that we don't have them today.

Well that's all for today's post and i'll tell you tomorrow what happens today.

shalom!

No comments: